Many homeowners choose marble surfaces because of their extensive beauty and elegance. Now in contrast to granite, while marble is a natural stone it is more susceptible to staining and scratching by many common liquids or substances found in homes. You will have to be cautious when using anything with an acidic substance on your marble countertops because they can actually cause a chemical reaction that will etch and remove the polish of the Marble. CT Hardrock Marble & Granite LLC uses the highest level of care when working with Marble, but there are certain characteristics of Marble that may be unavoidable.
- Marble is a natural product that is more porous than granite and therefore, more susceptible to staining and chipping.
- Some Marbles are harder than other Marbles and will hold up better, but no Soapstone is harder than granite and may scratch.
- Marble often comes with faint surface scratches that are hard to see unless in certain light.
- Marble slabs often come already scratched straight from the supplier and those scratches are often unavoidable and will appear in the countertops.
- May lose shine over time.
- Marble requires frequent applications of sealant.
- Seams in Marble countertops tend to be more visible than granite countertops.
- While CT Hardrock Marble & Granite LLC will install Marble in kitchens and baths, but you must be aware of the possibilities that the material will not hold up as well as other stones. CT Hardrock Marble & Granite LLC will not remake any Marble countertops.
I have read and fully understand the above notations that may occur in my Marble countertop and will hold CT Hardrock Marble & Granite LLC harmless, and not liable for an of the above-mentioned information.